Aus das GS 500 Wiki: www.GS-500.info
Here are the conversions described that we've already done to the GS 500. The authors and the webmaster of GS-500.info are not liable if one of your conversions does not work! These instructions have to be regarded as support, not guarantees for a working conversion.
All conversions do change the bike from the condition it was registered with, so please check with your local authorities whether you are allowed to do the conversion, or if you have to meet certain criteria. This obviously should be done before you start the conversion!
- Bandit 400 rim in original rocker (150 tyre) - not yet translated!
- SV 650 rim in original rocker (160 tyre)
Rocker & Rim
- GSX 600/750 F rim in original GS fork (front wheel with straight spokes)
Forks & Rims
- Building a brake anchor rod
- Building a chain slider
- Mounting an oil cooler
- Superbike handle bar
- Handlebars - not yet translated
For most of the conversions we do have a certificate from the German TÜV, if it's of any use for you, request it via email. But even in Germany this is not a guarantee to get your conversion into the papers, as some TÜV examiners (wrongly) stated they are fakes.